Kickflip skateboarding is one of the most beautiful and enjoyable sports activities you can participate in. Of course, that can only be possible if you have the best kickflip skateboard your hands can find out there.
Some of the most amazing tricks I have done and watched others do were not done with just any kind of board. They were done with specially designed boards for them.
If you are searching for the best or the right kinds of a board with which you can perform dumbfounding tricks while you are out there skateboarding, let me show you how you can easily recognize and choose them.
Before going on with that, let me briefly explain something that may be going on in the mind of our readers- especially if you stumbled on this post on Google, Bing or any other search engine out there.
What is Kickflip Skateboarding?
A kickflip in skateboarding is a maneuver that requires a skater to flip the board by slightly “kicking” it using his front foot during an ollie.
This maneuver or trick done while in motion was formally called a magic flip. Since its’ creation by Rodney Mullen, thousands of people all over the world have embraced and are practicing it.
If you are just starting as a beginner in skateboarding, this is one of the tricks you will enjoy doing on your own with your board.
It’s not as simple as it sounds; I must warn you. But once you’ve learned it learning other tricks will no longer be a problem.
There are several kinds of it that you begin with and then learn others with time in the next section, I will show you how you can do a very simple one right now with your board, Don’t panic, it’s going to be easier than you imagine right now.
Just stay with me!
How To Do A kickflip On a Skateboard
You are going to find this very exciting and straightforward if you follow every step I have put down below with a willingness to try and get it right.
Here is how to do it on a board:
- Place your front foot to come exactly behind the bolts on your board. It should be at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Putting all your weight on your back foot’s ball, bend your front knee.
- Gently flip your board by kicking it (not too hard) and taking a jump alongside.
- Once the skateboard has fully rotated in the air, catch it with your back followed by your front foot.
- With both of your feet now on the board as you land, bend your knees. This will help you remain balanced on the board.
- Do it over and over again till you become perfect in it.
Do you see it? Just like I told you earlier, it is not at all that difficult to practice. Though you may find a little bit hard on your first attempt, however, the more you practice, the easier it becomes.
Benefits of Kickflip Skateboarding
Is there any benefit to derive from kickflip skateboarding? Should we just do it because others are doing it or does it hold anything in store for us?
Well, Yes! There are lots of benefits that we can get from “magic flip” now known kickflips.
Some of those benefits are:
- If done correctly, it can be fascinating. Just like every other sport out there, we can derive so much fun from this.
- It can help strengthen the muscles of your feet. Since this requires almost every part of your feet to do, it can help strengthen the muscles there.
- If you are trying to burn down some calories or shed a little weight, you will discover that as you regularly indulge in this, your aim will be easily achieved.
- Since it is an outdoor activity, you can meet and make friends with new sets of people every day. Fellow skaters, passers-by store owners, etc. including those outsides of your house area.
Things to consider when Buying Skateboards for kickflips
Here are some of the things you need to put into considerations before buying a board specifically for this fun-filled maneuver
You are going to need a board that is light in weight, not the heavy ones. Something around 2 to 2.5kg should be okay even if your weight personally is a little above average
- Maple Wood
Though Bamboo skateboards are good, maple wood boards are better when it comes to doing all kinds of tricks with them.
This is because the Canadian wood is stronger and can withstand any kind of pressure it is put through than the ordinary bamboo we come across always
The wheels should be able to provide the skaters excellent stability and smooth rides alongside the trucks.
Ensure you test them when buying to be sure they are strong enough and worth your money.
For a beginner, you will need a full deck to help you learn how to control your balance on the board.
Not that the deck should be extremely wide, you just need something that wouldn’t take much to regain your balance when you are landing after you have flipped your board.
That is why a full deck is always recommended for beginners. However, if you are a professional and have mastered how to perform this maneuver over and over, you can go for the average decks if that is what you feel you need.
Concave here has to do with the curve at the tip of your deck. It enables you to easily do kickflips and other kinds of tricks with your board. Boards with an excellent concave flick quickly, so go for them when buying.
Getting the best kickflip skateboard for yourself or anyone else around you is not something you should do in a hurry, you need to take your time and follow the guidelines in this post to achieve that.
Always test the boards you feel is ok for you till you are sure it is exactly what you need before putting your money down for it.
Like every other activity in life, learning to skate will require some patience and regular practice from you, But once you’ve mastered it, you start enjoying its numerous benefits.