Cool Skateboard for Girls – Your guide to choosing the right skateboard for girls!
Skateboarding is one sport that is catching the eyes of many girls who now adopt the sport as one way to freely express themselves. There are many benefits attached to picking the skill as it is one great way for girls to learn and improve themselves mentally and physically.
The knowledge of its importance to the overall development process of these young girls should, therefore, be the incentive when thinking of getting the right skateboard for girls. It is best to always go all out in being particular about the features, quality, and safety of such a skateboard.
Importance of The Best Skateboard For Teenage Girl
Girls develop super fast, especially in their teenage years. These years are the most critical points in their lives when they begin to form character. It can also be a very challenging one for them too as they are always under pressure, emotionally and physically.
This is the time to catch them at their sprout, so they get the right kind of training that will be beneficial for their overall development.
This is why skateboarding for teenage girls is so important. The upsides to picking up the skill are seemingly endless. Listed below are a couple of benefits that come with teenage girls adopting skateboarding.
• The cornerstone to the effective growth of every teenage girl out there is possessing a mindset of self-belief that teaches them to persist and not give up even in the face of adversity.
• Self-belief enables them to develop a strong sense of independence and letting them understand that talent and skills are developed through patience and hard work. They should not necessarily think that everyone can be a genius, but that through sheer dedication, they can be a better version of who they currently are.
• Skateboarding is one of the few sports that shows that every kid is individually unique and has their peculiar style and learning pace, and the littlest of effort is rewarded regardless of the outcome. It teaches young teenage girls that failing is part of the process and to learn to embrace it.
• Skateboarding culture has seen exponential growth and mainstream acceptance by young teens across the board than in the past, where skateboarders were labeled as truants and social misfits, which has further led skateboarders to develop a great sense of belonging amongst their peers, promoting positivity whilst learning from and encouraging one another in every step of the journey.
Tips on How To Ride The Best Skateboard For Girl Beginner
1. The first step in skateboard riding is choosing the right skateboard and proper safety gear(good quality helmet, wrist guard, elbow, and knee pads). As a beginner, you probably should pick a skateboard with a thick deck. That way, you have better control and are least likely to slip and fall off the board.
2. It is always best to inspect the trucks on the board for loose screws to minimize the risk of having an accident.
3. Make sure you a comfortable on the skateboard before setting off. You can do a test run on a soft surface like a carpet or grass. Learn the best feet placement to balance the front and back wheels.
4. Once you have comfortably got your grip, you can decide what skating style you want to adopt. There are generally three stances you can use.
There is the regular which involves skating with your left foot forward, and the goofy style is one where you skate with your right foot placed forward; then there is the mongo stance where you push forward using the back foot, and not the front.
Make sure to stand in the most comfortable style you deem fit before trying to push forward. A word of advice though, avoid using the mongo style first as a beginner, as it takes longer to learn it properly.
5. For the first few days, practice only on a very flat surface. You will most likely fall off at the first few tryouts, but try to focus and relax as falling is perfectly normal and is part of the learning phase.
Maintain your balance by pushing your foot backward just like you do while walking. One great trick is to powerful start off as forceful as you can. Continue riding till your board stops naturally on its own.
6. Another great tip is to push while riding continually, so you do not run out of speed. Learn to swerve both rights and left by applying more weight on the heels. Through regular practice, you will be able to make sharper turns. Lastly, you will have to know how to stop the skateboard.
The best and safest way to do this is by foot braking. This involves taking your back foot off the board and gliding it onto the ground. There are a couple of other stopping approaches such as bail, boneless, heel drag, or powerslide.
7. On a final note, avoid trying any tricks or stunts, until you have mastered all the basics. Until you have perfected the basic routines, you can practice some other tricks like kick or magic flip and ollie. Exercise patience as you keep on trying as many times over after you fail.
How To Buy Girl Complete Skateboards
Listed below are essential guides for you to follow when trying to get the best Skateboard for teenage girls whether or not you are doing it for the very first time. Make sure to stay focused on the guidelines, so you get only the best skateboards out there.
The standard size recommended for the average teenage girl should be 7.5 inches wide while the length should be anywhere between 28 and 32 inches. Your significant focus though should be placed on the width of the board.
This lets you have achieved stability and comfort as you ride along. Make sure you try out different lengths and widths if you are getting the skateboard yourself. This will let you pick out the best option in the market.
Shape Of Deck
To have the best foot placement, as well as speed and swerving ability, your deck will matter a lot. You will have to consider the right pick that gives you the ideal performance.
There is the radical board that is typically U-shaped, W-concave is shaped like the letter W, the third type is the flat cave, that comes with sharp wheels. Lastly is the Asymmetrical, which are raised at various levels. Radical is most recommended at the beginner level.
You need to place more focus on the wheelbase. The best option is to pick out a skateboard with a giant wheel of about 55 mm in diameter and with moderate toughness. This will provide you with stability and the best skating experience.
After you have checked out the wheelbase, you need the consider the trucks of the skateboard. Good trucks will provide you the best skating experience. Always make sure you are choosing the same as your truck as your skateboard. A wider than needed truck can slow you down, so it is best to choose medium-size trucks and wheels.
Setting up your board
You need to place a particular focus on the fixing components and to set up your skateboard. This is necessary to have the best grip and stability on your skateboard deck. Additionally, always make sure you have the perfect set of bearings to achieve a swift movement. The nuts, bolts, and screws should be in the proper place and generally need to be regulated.
A must watch video on how to skateboard for girls
Skateboarding as an extreme sport is primarily associated with guys, although it is beginning to gain a deep appreciation and explosive growth by a lot of girls. As such, the sooner we start as parents to encourage more young girls to take on the sport as another part of their extra-curricular programs, the better it will be for us and the overall development of these girls. Skateboarding can be a ton of fun, and with the right approach and cool skateboard for girls, these young ladies can go on to enjoy a life full of excitement, strength, independence, self-expression and effective growth.