The culture of skating has seen great leaps within the last couple of years. Just as the sport has and is continuing to grow in popularity, so are the numerous advantages that are attached to it.
Kids now go rabid over the thought of owning a skateboard, as it is even a great way for them to learn and improve mentally and physically.
Nonetheless, there are associated risks that come with skateboarding. One bad skateboard can land an unprotected kid in the emergency room with head concussions and fractures.
Therefore it is of the highest essence that we must as parents and caregivers, be particular about the features, quality, and safety of a skateboard, when next in the market trying of pick out the best skateboard for 9 year old.
Benefits Of Skateboarding For 9 Year Old Kids
Kids develop super fas, and as such, the benefits of skateboarding for them are endless. Below are some of those benefits 9 years old can derive from the sport.
- One of the most cardinal tools for the effective growth for kids is developing a mindset of self-belief. It teaches them to persist even in the face of adversity. Self-belief develops a sense of independence, patient, hard work, and dedication.
- The culture, through wide mainstream adoption, helps foster a sense of belonging among kids.
- Skateboarding rewards the smallest of efforts.
- Skateboarding shows that every child is individually unique in his/her way.
- Skateboarding teaches 9 year old kids that failing is part of a learning process, and they need not be ashamed of it.
Skateboarding Tips For 9 Year Olds
- Before stepping on a skateboard, kids must always have on the right safety gear, to include a good quality helmet, wrist, elbow, and knee guards.
- Kids must be made comfortable on the skateboard first before skating off. A test run can be made on a soft surface like a carpet. Proper feet placement must be learned for balancing the front and back wheels.
- After this, a rolling can then be adopted. There are generally three stances to pick from:
- Regular: This style involves skating with the left foot placed forward.
- Goofy: The right foot is instead placed forward with this style
- Mongo: This style allows the rider to push forward using the back foot.
- A 9 year old kid is expected to only practice on smooth, soft surfaces, at least for the very first few days of practice. Learn to maintain proper balance by pushing the foot backward. A great trick that kids can learn is to start as powerful as they can and to continue riding till the board naturally comes to a halt on its own.
- Kids should be encouraged to keep pushing back while riding, so they don’t run out of speed.
- Learning to swerve in both directions is also important. Proper weight distribution and balancing should be also be taught. Through regular practice, you will be able to make sharper turns.
- They will also have to learn how to stop the skateboard. The safest way to do this is by foot braking, which involves removing the back foot off the board and gliding slightly it onto the ground to gradually reduce speed.
- Kids should avoid trying any tricks or stunts until they have at least mastered the basics. Exercise patience as the kid should be encouraged to keep on trying as many times over even after they have failed.
Choosing The Best Skateboard For Your 9 Year Old Kids
They are quite several things you should consider before picking out the right skateboard for your 9 year old kid. One is the size and body weight of the kid in question.
The overall safety of your is also of great importance. Typically, skateboards are divided into three categories. This includes the Retro, Classic, and Snake categories.
- Retro Board: Retro boards feature a longer board with rather large wheels, made for a firm grip on the ground.They are generally good for long distance commuting. Retros are most suited for longboarding because of their tough and firm features.
- Classic Board: The Classic skateboard are found in almost all skateboard shops due to their high popularity are best suited for kids more open to trying new stunts.Getting a classic board will give you added value for your money because of their double features.
- Snake Board: They are designed for experts in the art. They feature just one wheel, making it exclusive to only professionals who know proper balancing.
Skateboards have generally made up of three key components. These components must be taken into full cognizance whenever you are in the market trying to pick out skateboards for your kid.
These essential features include the deck, truck, and the wheels.
- Deck: The deck is the wooden platform on which the kid will place his legs on while skating.
- Trucks: Trucks are the metal structure that connects the wheels to the board.
- Wheels: This is, of course, what gives the skateboard its roll.
Of the three, the truck is the most important. A good skateboard with a strong truck is very crucial to the general safety of your kid.
One bad truck can lead to your kid to sustaining all manner of injuries and ending up in the emergency room if it happens to be dislodged while riding.
The art of skateboarding is one that has come to stay and will continue to see wide adaptation by lots of kids across the board. Parents and caregiver are advised to encourage kids to adopt the sport for proper mental and physical growth.
The sport can be a ton of fun, and if the right safety approach is taken into full consideration when picking out the best skateboard for 9 year old, these kids could be on their way to enjoying a life full of independence, excitement, strength and vigor and proper formative growth.